Get the right information from the right resources
It is important for all individuals to have the right information regarding benefits, savings programs, and other health related resources. Below is a list of agencies, community support and helpful websites to help keep you informed.
- Florida Health Insurance Information
- Medicare- 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or www.Medicare.gov
- Eldercare Nationwide: 1-800-677-1116 – www.eldercare.gov
- Social Security Administration - 1-800-772-1213, Monday-Friday from 7 am to 7 pm – www.SocialSecurity.gov
Find your benefits
Benefits Checkup is a free, confidential online tool sponsored by the National Council on the Aging. Find and enroll in federal, state, local and private programs that help pay for prescription drugs, utility bills, meals, health care and other needs.
Area Agencies on Aging
Information on all senior services and Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security in YOUR community:
- Department of Elder Affairs 1-800-963-5337
- Orange County: Commission on Aging – 1-407-254-9277 www.ocfl.net/seniors
- Osceola County: Council on Aging – 1-407-846-8532 www.osceolagenerations.org
Other health resources
- www.CDC.gov (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) – Get information about prevention and disease control.
- www.HealthFinder.gov Learn about ways to help keep yourself healthy with information on health topics such as nutrition, physical activity, and health conditions.
- www.nih.gov (National Institutes of Health) – Find out about the latest medical research on as well as tips for prevention and healthy living.
- www.ncoa.org (National Council on Aging) – Discover how you can continue improving your health as you age
- www.cms.gov (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) – The latest information about Medicare and Medicaid services.
- www.healthyaging.org (Center for Healthy Aging) – Find out about healthy aging programs for older adults.
- http://www.agingwithdignity.org (Aging with Dignity/5 Wishes Advance Directives)